Alpha 2.5.0 – Coming soon!
- New Twitch Chat command, !erupt – a gas geyser sends your rover soaring
New Twitch Chat command, !drop – a Sinter Corp Hop Pod drops down with some supplies
- New craftable/placeable object, “Recycl-o-tron” – allows you to recycle old parts into raw resources
- Storage bins can now be crafted and placed
- New 3D asset for Solar Charging Beacons – featuring solar tracking panels
- New Quest menu tab – mark which quest you want to track in the mission overlay (or turn off the overlay).
- Tutorial missions grouped in quest, “Beginnings”
- New quest chain, “A Friend in Need”
- Integrated feedback form – send bug reports, ideas, and feedback straight from the game
- Fixed longstanding bug where you sometimes wouldn’t charge with low-angle light hitting your panels
- Significant improvement to all menu displays to show detailed info on parts, durability, and features
- Moved target waypoint arrows and mission overlay to UI Container so they are toggled off with F2
Alpha 2.1.2 – Released 6/22/19
- Quest system added! Several starter “tutorial” objectives implemented to assist new players.
- Unlocked blueprints progression now saves with game file (cache folder).
- Rotate-in-place turning added (press turn button while stopped).
- Batteries and Cargo Holds now upgrade instead of being replaced (you no longer keep your old battery/cargo hold).
- Increased durability of wheels, motors, and drills.
- Increased fuel cell power.
- Increased storage capacity for Hopper, Storage Chest and boxes/crates.
- Lowered crafting costs for beacons.
- Motor/Wheel power boosted for lower tiers.
- Added handbrake (default bind is to spacebar and left shoulder game controller button).
- Game controller button binds slightly adjusted – forward/reverse now handled by left and right triggers.
- Fixed missing sprite bug for Tier 3 battery located inside wrecked drone.
- Forge and Rover now display “forging/crafting in progress” messages.
- Fixed bug where beacon colliders would block mouse click interactions.
- Numerous other typo and small bug fixes.
Alpha 2.1.0 – Released 4/19/19
- Craftable, placeable charging beacons added! These provide energy and show up on your radar (no more getting lost)!
- WARNING: Now that you can craft your own beacons, almost all pre-existing beacons have been removed!
- Radar function improved.
- Gamepad/controller bugs resolved (all gamepads should work for controlling character – currently no UI support)
- F4 key now opens a control mapper where you can map your own keybinds.
- Motors and wheels have increased durability.
- Repair kits restore more durability.
- Item level number added to part names in menus.
- Fixed bug limiting inventory to 25 items on game load.
- Wheel improvement stats display corrected.
- Removed crate in base by front door.
- Fixed issue where spectrometer could trigger sleeping drone animation.
- Numerous typos and display errors fixed.
Alpha 2.0.9 – Released 4/6/19
- Radar implemented! Your base will now show up as a green dot on the ANTENNA radar when you are within range!
- Charging towers will show up as yellow crosses when you are within range!
- Charging towers now charge you at a faster rate!
- Environment light reflection lowered – the dark is now… darker.
- The angle of starlight required to charge solar panels has been widened (making it easier to charge in low light).
- You can now use ESCAPE to exit the inventory menu (and cannot open pause menu while in inventory).
- Removed inadvertent dark grey distance check from some target indicators.
- Various UI fixes to make text readable and consistent sizes.
- Fixed typos in game text.
Alpha 2.0.8 – The “Not this kind of SANDwhich!” patch – Released 4/4/19
- Lowered sand spawn rates from .35 to .20
- Added TRASH button on element detail menu (permanently deletes element – like sand)
- Fixed typo in fuel cell descriptions
- Slight UI adjustments to fix clipped text
- Unbound C key (will no longer play legacy camera raising/lowering sound effect)
Alpha 2.0.7 – Released 3/25/19
- Alpha Key field will now ignore line returns
- Sliders in settings menu now increment in whole numbers, and Twitch timers increment by 30 second intervals
- Adjusted setup for puzzle challenge to make it more obvious
- Lowered zap volume
- Fixed hitbox on main menu buttons
- Created offline PAX mode option
Alpha 2.0.6 – Released 3/23/19
- Fixed text clipping on item descriptions
Alpha 2.0.5 – Released 3/23/19
- Partial controller support added.
- Added Twitch chat integration for streamers! If activated with an oauth code from the settings menu, your Twitch audience can vote for in-game effects: luck, flare, zap and turbo:
luck-doubles mining yield and increases chance for sand
flare-a solar flare boosts your battery while causing damage to all other components
zap-your battery shorts out, draining 50% of your battery
turbo-a motor glitch sends you racing into overdrive
- Persistence! You can now continue a saved game or start a new one.
- Updated UI.
- New crafting tooltips.
- Unique flora biomes.
- Crystals and new rock formations added to environment.
- Environmental area damage from radioactive gas vents.
- Sand, a new resource, added as a crit chance when collection elements from mining.
- Glass, a second level crafting material, added to Forge blueprints.
- Fuse, a future-mission use object, added to game.
- Collectible lore items (two sets) added.
- Repair kits added to the game that allow you to restore durability on components.
- Simple physics puzzles.
- Sweeping opening cinematic shot (can be skipped by pressing spacebar).
- Camera and character animations added for encounter with sleeping drone.
- Additional rover animations added.
- Malfunctioning hovering/moving NPC drone added.
- New inactive NPC rover added to game
- New camera effects.
- New art icons for system components added to game (Drill Bit, Motor and Spectrometer).
- New sprites for broken parts added.
- Implemented audio and visual warning indicators that alert when part durabilities are low.
- Added off-screen/on-screen target indicators
- Multi-item tab in menus (used when interacting with multiple objects in one area).
- Tier 1 items are now able to be crafted.
- Tier 1 parts work (and break) just like all other parts now (no infinite durability).
- All parts can now break when they lose all durability (they will still perform, but very poorly).
- Email login is no longer case-sensitive.
- Quick access menu buttons implemented.*
Alpha 1.5.1 – Released 4/3/18 (backers only)
- Lore items added (4 items total, using gibberish text for now)
- Item swap now works (right click on item with an item loaded cursor)
- Fixed Tier 3 cargo container inventory limit (now 75 instead of 15)
- Fixed trail bug when entering and exiting tunnels
- Updated dust trail shaders
- Updated storage container shader
- Updated storage container outline
- Storage container starts empty
Alpha 1.5.0 – Released 3/9/18 (backers only)
- Replaced player rover character in game with new model and animations
- Added interactive object system to game with mouseover highlight effect
- Added scavenging system (resources can now be found in interactive objects: crates, wreckage, etc.)
- Added interactive functioning SINTER Forge (crafting table) at base that allows for crafting newly added parts:
- Drill (tiers 2, 3 & 4)
- Drill bit (tiers 2, 3 & 4)*
- Battery (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Wheels (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Motor (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Spectrometer (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Solar Panel (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Antenna (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Cargo hold (tiers 2, 3 &4)
- Fuel Cell (tiers 1, 2, 3 &4)*
- Total craftable items: 31
- Added inventory system to SINTER Forge that is used for Forge crafting (Forge inventory must be stocked with materials)
- Added antenna function that allows remote connection to SINTER Forge when activated (remote Forge crafting)
- Crafted rover parts can now be equipped, upgrading your rover’s performance
- Crafted parts have durability and wear out with usage, eventually breaking (except for battery and cargo hold)
- Rover parts can be swapped on and off as long as they have remaining durability
- Inventory slots now have stack limits (64)
- New inventory management functions (pick up/place whole stack, half-stack, or single unit)
- Inventory can now be organized freely by player
- Animated storage container added to base next to forge
- Camera cycle function has been moved from L-CTRL to F3 (L-CTRL and L-SHIFT used for inventory management)
- UI layout overhaul to allow interactive object interaction, SINTER Forge crafting, and remote Forge crafting
- By using spectrometer, drill, and drill bit upgrades, players can now acquire additional resources in game: cobalt, ruthenium, osmium, gold, platinum
- Increased number of resource nodes on the asteroid from 2,000 to 8,000
- Added version control check to ensure client is up to date
- New sprites added for Fuel Cells (and all new parts)
- New item class code refactoring and various code improvements, bug fixes, and gameplay balancing adjustments (including time sinks, crafting recipes, costs, and more)
*These parts are also available to craft on your rover without a SINTER Forge, as was previously available in Alpha 1.0.0 and 1.0.1
Alpha 1.0.1 – Released 8/29/17
- Fixed bug where dialogue wouldn’t display upon exiting to menu and restarting
- Added skylight domes to home base
- Added collider to rover wheel
- Fixed charging station positioning
- Improved function of orbit camera
Alpha 1.0.0 – Released 8/15/17