Gears Of Eden is a story-driven sci-fi game that blends conventional genres, combining crafting and survival with space exploration backed by a story-driven and mission-supported narrative. The result? A technical science-based game that prioritizes ease of use and fun in an open-world setting, while offering an engaging, captivating and epic space adventure story. You can think of us as a mashup between Minecraft, Kerbal Space Program and Portal (yes, we have high aspirations)!
In 1,000 years the human species will be extinct. Remembered only as a mythical creature from ancient times by a civilization of intelligent machines who have risen in their place. A mechanical civilization in search of their own Creator, meaning, and ultimate purpose. But in their quest, these sentient technological beings risk awakening an age-old conflict that could jeopardize the entire galaxy! This is where you come in! A simple machine lost in the depths of space that has recently awoken with self-awareness and intelligence. Your destiny lays among the stars! Finding it is up to you! Awaken, gather, explore.
GoE Demo Version
- Interactive story and unique characters. GoE captivates players in an adventure story with characters that have real depth.
- Open world exploration. The demo will provide a smaller location for players to explore, discovering lore and mission items along the way.
- Search and gather. You need resources to progress in GoE, and it’s up to you to explore, discover and collect the resources you need to thrive!
- Day and night power management. You are powered by the star light and have to make choices on how to spend your energy, and survive the challenging, dark nights.
- Crafting. You will need to craft upgrades for your rover and your base in order to explore further and gather more.
- Drone deployment. As you progress, you will want to spend more time exploring and less time gathering. The solution? You will be able to deploy and manage drones to help you gather resources.
- NPC interaction. You will be a limited number of companion characters in the GoE demo. Trade, interact, and accept missions from NPCs.
- Story driven missions. The demo will be very limited in missions available, but there will be enough to have the player navigate through the mechanics of at least two missions.
- Narrative end game. In the demo, you will reach a definite conclusion that leaves you (hopefully) wanting more.
GoE Full Version
The features in the full version will depend on our ability to raise funds, feedback from players on the demo, and a lot of interaction and communication with our fans. However, these are some features we have in mind:
- Character customization
- Player mods
- Base building (power stations, solar arrays, communications, defense, etc.)
- Alien life mechanics (combat, resource trading, etc.)
- Markets and trade economy
- Multiple locations with unique challenges
- Richer story with an unfolding narrative
- True multiplayer interaction
- And much, much more!